Transactions are created for every order that results in an exchange of money.
There are five types of transactions:
- Authorization: An amount reserved against the cardholder's funding source. Money does not change hands until the authorization is captured.
- Sale: An authorization and capture performed together in a single step.
- Capture: A transfer of the money that was reserved during the authorization stage.
- Void: A cancellation of a pending authorization or capture.
- Refund: A partial or full return of captured funds to the cardholder. A refund can happen only after a capture is processed.
Refund transactions must be created by using the Refund resource.
An order can have no more than 100 transactions associated with it.
What you can do with Transaction