Add a bulk action link to the Shopify admin with app extensions
You can make your apps accessible to merchants wherever action drop-down menus are available in the Shopify admin. For example, when a merchant selects multiple orders on the Orders page of the Shopify admin, the Actions drop-down menu appears. You can use this Actions menu to prompt merchants to use your app, when they complete a bulk action.
Add a bulk action link
To add a bulk action link:
- From the Partner Dashboard, click Apps.
- Click the name of the app you want to create links for.
- Click Extensions.
- Under Shopify admin in the Bulk action links section, click Add a link.
- In the Bulk action link dialog, enter information in the following fields:
- Bulk action label – The text that will appear to the merchant. It should be task oriented, and not just the name of your app.
- Link target URL – The URL where your app is hosted, or a specific URL for this task.
- Page to show link – The page where this link should appear to the merchant. You can select from the various places in the Shopify admin where the Actions menu appears.
- Click Save.
You can use the Preview section to see how your bulk action link will appear in the Shopify admin.