Mobile best practices for Shopify apps
When you develop a mobile-first solution, consider the following mobile app best practices.
Create responsive designsAnchor link to section titled "Create responsive designs"
- The app UI should adjust automatically to fit a smaller mobile screen to ensure a consistent experience on any device.
- Prioritize vertical scroll over horizontal scroll, and avoid using any horizontal scrolling elements if possible.
Ensure core features are availableAnchor link to section titled "Ensure core features are available"
- The core functionality of the app or theme should be available using a mobile device.
- Apps should notify users when features are not available on mobile.
Provide seamless setupAnchor link to section titled "Provide seamless setup"
- Apps that require theme setup should use theme app extension app blocks and app embed blocks so that the merchant doesn’t need to manually make changes to their theme’s code.
- Configuration and onboarding should be easy to follow and primarily take place inside the app.
- Minimize the number of external web properties merchants are redirected to post installation.