Getting started with a sales channel app
To build a sales channel app, you need to create an app and turn it into a sales channel app. If you want to process credit card payments using the Storefront API, then you need to request payment processing.
What you'll learnAnchor link to section titled "What you'll learn"
After finishing this tutorial, you'll know how to do the following tasks:
- Turn an app into a sales channel app
- Request payment processing
RequirementsAnchor link to section titled "Requirements"
Step 1: Turn an app into a sales channel appAnchor link to section titled "Step 1: Turn an app into a sales channel app"
After you've created an app, you can turn it into a sales channel app.
- From your app's overview screen, click App setup.
- In the Sales channel section, click Turn app into sales channel.
- Click Turn app into sales channel again to confirm that you want to convert your app into a sales channel.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Request payment processing (Optional)Anchor link to section titled "Step 2: Request payment processing (Optional)"
After you've turned your app into to a sales channel app, you can request payment processing to use the Storefront API with credit cards.
If you use the Storefront API to process payments, then your selling platform must be PCI-compliant. You can meet PCI requirements by using a payment service, such as Stripe or Spreedly, or by providing Shopify with a certificate of compliance.
- From the Sales channel section click Request payment processing.
- Select your PCI DSS compliance status, as described in the following table:
|PCI DSS status||Description|
|My platform is not PCI-compliant||You must determine a strategy for processing payments.|
|My platform uses Stripe||You have an existing platform account with Stripe and would like to use Shopify's Stripe integration.|
|My platform uses a service such as Spreedly to deliver payment tokens||You'd like to use Spreedly or similar service for credit card tokenization and PAN forwarding.|
|My platform has a certificate of compliance||If you already have a PCI compliant solution in place, then you can provide Shopify with the Attestation of compliance.|
- Enter a description of your app to help us process your request faster.
Click Request access.
A request for payment processing can take up to 7 business days. You'll receive a notification when your request is processed.