Build delivery customizations
You can use delivery customizations to hide, reorder, and rename the delivery options that are available to buyers during checkout. In this tutorial series, you'll use Shopify Functions to create a function that lets merchants rename a delivery option offered to their customers at checkout.
What you'll learnAnchor link to section titled "What you'll learn"
In this tutorial series, you'll learn how to do the following tasks:
- Set up your environment to use functions
- Create a delivery customization function
- Add configuration to your delivery customization using metafields
- Build a delivery customization user interface with App Bridge
RequirementsAnchor link to section titled "Requirements"
- You've created a Partner account.
- You've created a new development store with the checkout extensibility preview enabled.
- You've created an app that uses Shopify CLI 3.0 or higher, or you've migrated your existing app so that it's compatible with Shopify CLI 3.0 or higher.
- You need to install your app on the development store with the checkout extensibility preview enabled.
You've installed Rust.
On Windows, Rust requires the Microsoft C++ Build Tools. Make sure to select the Desktop development with C++ workload when installing the tools.
You've installed cargo-wasi:
Tutorial seriesAnchor link to section titled "Tutorial series"
Follow the tutorial series to go from "Hello World" to a functional delivery customization experience.
Tutorial 1: Getting started with building delivery customizations
Create a new delivery customization function.
Tutorial 2: Add configuration to your delivery customization
Add configuration to your delivery customization using metafields.
- Get started with building delivery customizations.