Payment methods overview
Payment method scripts let developers change how payment methods appear to customers at Shopify checkout.
Payment method scripts appear before the customer reaches the payment page. You can use these scripts to make customizations, such as:
- Order payment methods based on a store's business rules. For example, you could reorder the methods based on their carbon imprint or payment provideer.
- Add additional information or rename a method to make it easier for customers to choose the method that they want.
- Translate names for customers in other locales.
- Hide payment methods for orders to specific regions and zip codes or for specific products or customers.
- Hide payment methods based on the order amount.
Write your script to use the Payment methods API. Use Shopify CLI to create, test, and deploy your script.
Start the Payment method tutorial