Payment methods overview
Payment method scripts let developers change how payment methods appear to customers at Shopify checkout.
How it works
Payment method scripts appear before the customer reaches the payment page. You can use these scripts to make the following customizations:
- Order payment methods based on a store's business rules. For example, you could reorder the methods based on their carbon footprint or payment provider.
- Add additional information or rename a method to make it easier for customers to choose the method that they want.
- Translate names for customers in other locales.
- Hide payment methods for orders to specific regions and zip codes or for specific products or customers.
- Hide payment methods based on the order amount.
- Create a basic payment script and deploy it to a custom app.