Shipping methods overview
Shipping method scripts let developers change how shipping methods appear to customers at Shopify checkout.
How it works
Shipping method scripts appear before the customer reaches the shipping page. You can use these scripts to make the following customizations:
- Order shipping methods based on a store's business rules. For example, you could reorder the methods based on their carbon footprint or shipping speed.
- Rename methods to make it easier for customers to choose the method that they want.
- Rename methods based on customer or order characteristics.
- Translate names for customers in other locales.
- Prevent shipping to PO Boxes.
- Hide shipping methods for orders to specific regions and zip codes or for specific products or customers.
- Create a basic shipping script and deploy it to a custom app.