Publish your hosted payment gateway
At first, you can make your gateway available privately to shops. Once there are at least fifty Shopify stores using your gateway that have processed at least one million USD in total, or equivalent, you can request that Shopify list your gateway publicly for all shops in your supported countries.
To share your payment gateway integration with your client:
- Log in to the Partner Dashboard.
- Click Gateways:
- Select your gateway.
- Share the install link with Shopify Merchants that you are connected to on your own network:
When your clients click the link, they'll be asked to log into their store. After they log in to their shop, they will be prompted to install your gateway:
After the app is installed, your gateway will be available on the Payments Settings page in their admin. Depending on your gateway, it either be in the Accept credit cards section or the Alternative payments section.
Publishing to Shopify
Once there are at least fifty Shopify stores using your gateway that have processed at least one million USD in total, or equivalent, you can request that Shopify list your gateway publicly for all shops in your supported countries. If approved, your gateway will be listed in Shopify admin (Payment Settings) and on Shopify’s public list of gateways. Approval might be contingent on a revenue share agreement.
To request a public listing for your gateway, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject line: Hosted Payment SDK - Public listing request
- Partner ID
- Gateway Name
- Description of your service
- List of Shopify merchants using your gateway and the total transaction volume they have processed
- Screenshots of checkout process for both successful and failed payment attempts
- Setup steps for merchants want to configure your gateway with their store