Visibility in the Shopify App Store
Listing your app on the Shopify App Store is the easiest way to promote your app to Shopify merchants, but you can choose to make your app unlisted. You can change your app’s visibility at any time.
Comparing listed and unlisted appsAnchor link to section titled "Comparing listed and unlisted apps"
Merchants can install both listed and unlisted apps from an app listing page that uses a Shopify App Store URL. However, only a listed app is fully visible, because it's indexed and it appears in following places:
- relevant category pages
- Shopify App Store search results
- third-party search engine results
Change your app’s visibilityAnchor link to section titled "Change your app’s visibility"
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps.
- Click the name of the app whose listing status you want to change.
- Click Distribution.
- Click Create listing or Manage listing.
- Click App visibility.
- In the Manage app visibility dialog, select either Listed or Unlisted.
- Click Save.