API health report
When a feature of a Shopify API is deprecated, you need to update your affected apps to make sure they continue to work for the merchants using them. You can view an API health report for each of your public and custom apps. The report shows you any deprecated calls your app is making and the deadline for updating those calls in your app.
As well as checking the API health report, you can follow the developer changelog to make sure you're aware of any breaking changes that might affect your app. You can learn more about how to update your apps in our versioning guide.
View an app's health report
- Log into your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps.
- Click the app's status indicator in the API Health column.
The API health report shows the status of the app and a list of any deprecated API calls it has made in the past 30 days. Each deprecated call in the list shows additional information about what you need to do to update your app.
API health statuses
An app can have one of the following statuses:
- OK: The app has not made any deprecated API calls in the last 30 days.
- Fix by (date): The app has made deprecated API calls that must be updated by a certain date. This status can appear with either a yellow or a red indicator:
- A yellow indicator means that you have between 30 days and 9 months to update your app.
- A red indicator means that you have less than 30 days to update your app.
- Unsupported: The app is making API calls to unsupported API versions and could be causing significant issues on stores that have it installed.
After you remove the deprecated calls from an app, the app's status stays as Fix by (date) until 30 days after the last deprecated call was made. The time of the last deprecated call is shown below the status indicator on the Apps page of the Partner Dashboard.
Fixing webhook deprecations
If you've fixed a deprecated webhook in your app, but the webhook deprecation is still shown in your API health report, then check to make sure you've manually upgraded your app’s webhook API version in the Partner Dashboard.
Ensure you make update any use of unsupported resources before the deadline indicated on the API health report. If your app continues to use unsupported resources beyond the update deadline, Shopify may show warnings to merchants using your app.