Sunsetting your app
If you are an app developer and you want to sunset an app, Shopify recommends the following procedures and best practices.
To sunset an app, the following steps are required:
- Contact us to have your app unpublished from the Shopify App Store. This will make sure no additional users sign up for your app during the sunsetting period.
- After you receive confirmation from Shopify that your app will be unpublished, make sure that you cancel any RecurringApplicationCharges that your app makes through the Billing API (including active, frozen, pending, or accepted charges).
- After your app has been unpublished, remove it from your servers. This is the recommended approach for sunsetting your app, rather than deleting it from the Apps page in your Partner Dashboard.
Sunsetting best practices
When removing an app you no longer want to support, it's important to remember that a lot of grief can come to users who rely on the app. It's best to implement the following timeline as a courtesy to your users.
Two weeks before sunset
Make users aware that your app will be sunset. Two weeks before official removal you can:
- Send out an email release to your users explaining the event.
- Ensure all RecurringApplicationCharges are canceled.
- Post a notice within your app, notifying users that the app will be removed on the sunset date.
One week before sunset
- Offer support to any users who need it during this period.
- Look into potential app replacement solutions for your users.