Cart and Checkout Validation API overview
The Cart and Checkout Validation API allows developers to provide their own validation of a cart and checkout.
Example use casesAnchor link to section titled "Example use cases"
- Use tokengating or require a customer membership at checkout.
- Verify the age or ID of a customer when they proceed through checkout.
- Provide B2B product minimums, maximums, and multiples.
- Provide B2B location order minimums, maximums, or credit limits.
- Specify quantity limits in a flash sale.
Validate a custom order.
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Limitations and considerationsAnchor link to section titled "Limitations and considerations"
- The Cart and Checkout Validation API doesn't currently support draft orders.
- Cart and Checkout Validation functions are cached. This can result in a delay (typically, less than one minute) between changes being made and those changes being live.
- Learn how to use Shopify Functions by validating a cart and checkout.