Delivery Customization Function API overview
The Delivery Customization API enables you to rename, reorder, and sort the delivery options available to buyers during checkout.
Example use casesAnchor link to section titled "Example use cases"
- Hide delivery options for certain products or customers
- Reorder delivery options according to user preference
- Hide delivery options for PO Box addresses
- Add messaging to delivery option titles
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Migrating from scripts to functionsAnchor link to section titled "Migrating from scripts to functions"
If you want to migrate an existing shipping script to Shopify Functions, then you can use the following mappings:
|Shopify Scripts method||Description||Shopify Functions object||Additional context|
||Changes the name of a delivery option||RenameOperation|
||Sorts the delivery options based on some criteria, typically to place one delivery option at the top or bottom of a list||MoveOperation||Instead of sorting, you can move individual delivery methods.|
||Removes a delivery option from checkout||HideOperation|
Limitations and considerationsAnchor link to section titled "Limitations and considerations"
- The Delivery Customization API doesn't currently support draft orders.
- You can't modify local delivery and local pickup options with delivery customizations.
Shopify plansAnchor link to section titled "Shopify plans"
- Learn how to use Shopify Functions by building a delivery customization.