Order Routing Location Rule Function API overview
Order routing is the process of determining the location used to fulfill each cart line item. The Order Routing Location Rule API allows developers to provide their own ranking of location, for each item, during order routing.
Example use casesAnchor link to section titled "Example use cases"
- Fulfill orders from the closest location within the shop's market matching the delivery address country.
- Prioritize a group of locations, such as warehouses or retail stores.
- Rank the locations relative to each other.
- Deprioritize a location if the maximum order for each day has been reached.
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Limitations and considerationsAnchor link to section titled "Limitations and considerations"
- Learn how to use Shopify Functions by building order routing location rules.