Payment Customization Function API overview
The Payment Customization API enables you to rename, reorder, and sort the payment methods available to buyers during checkout.
Example use casesAnchor link to section titled "Example use cases"
- Hide payment methods for carts with totals above or below a given value
- Reorder payment methods according to user preference
- Hide payment methods based on customer tag or country
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Migrating from scripts to functionsAnchor link to section titled "Migrating from scripts to functions"
If you want to migrate an existing payment script to Shopify Functions, then you can use the following mappings:
|Shopify Scripts method||Description||Shopify Functions object||Additional context|
||Changes the name of a payment option||RenameOperation|
||Sorts the payment options based on some criteria, typically to place one payment option at the top or bottom of a list||MoveOperation||Instead of sorting, you can move individual payment methods.|
||Removes a payment option from checkout||HideOperation|
Limitations and considerationsAnchor link to section titled "Limitations and considerations"
- The Payment Customization API doesn't currently support draft orders.
- You can't rename payment methods that have logos as a name.
- Payment customizations aren't compatible with Shop Pay.
Shopify plansAnchor link to section titled "Shopify plans"
- Learn how to use Shopify Functions by building a payment customization.