Build payment customizations
You can use payment customizations to hide, reorder, and rename the payment options that are available to buyers during checkout. In this tutorial series, you'll use Shopify Functions to create a function that lets merchants hide a payment option offered to customers at checkout, based on the total value of their cart.
What you'll learnAnchor link to section titled "What you'll learn"
In this tutorial series, you'll learn how to do the following tasks:
- Set up your environment to use functions.
- Create a payment customization function.
- Add configuration to your payment customization using metafields.
- Build a payment customization user interface with App Bridge.
RequirementsAnchor link to section titled "Requirements"
- You've created a Partner account.
- You've created a development store.
- You've created an app that uses Shopify CLI 3.0 or higher, or you've migrated your existing app so that it's compatible with Shopify CLI 3.0 or higher. If you previously installed Shopify CLI, then make sure you're using the latest version.
- You've installed Node.js 16 or higher.
- You've installed your app on the development store.
Rust-specific requirementsAnchor link to section titled "Rust-specific requirements"
The following requirements are specific to Rust-based development with Shopify Functions.
You've installed Rust.
On Windows, Rust requires the Microsoft C++ Build Tools. Make sure to select the Desktop development with C++ workload when installing the tools.
You've installed cargo-wasi:
Sample codeAnchor link to section titled "Sample code"
If you want to quickly get started, then you can get the sample code by completing the following steps. The tutorial series describes the sample code step by step.
Clone the payment customizations sample app:
Enter a name for your app project.
Navigate to your app directory:
Deploy your app and function:
Start a local server for your app:
With the server running, open the Preview URL in the terminal output.
When you open the URL, you're prompted to install the app on your development store.
Click Install app to install the app on the store.
Tutorial seriesAnchor link to section titled "Tutorial series"
Follow the tutorial series to go from "Hello World" to a functional payments customization experience.
Tutorial 1: Getting started with building payment customizations
Create a new payment customization function.
Tutorial 2: Add configuration to your payment customization
Add configuration to your payment customization using metafields.
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Explore the following developer tools and resources to get familiar with building payment customizations.
Payment Customization API reference
Consult the GraphQL reference for the Payment Customization API.
Learn about the language support and tooling that are available in Shopify Functions.
- Get started with building payment customizations.