Submitting your app
After you’ve tested your app and ensured that it's production-ready, you can submit it for approval.
Before you submit your app, check the following things:
- Make sure that the app meets our requirements. This helps to speed up your app’s review.
- Make sure that your app is appropriately documented, keeping in mind that many of your users might not be digitally literate. Try to create a guide that caters to all levels of experience. If your app requires the setup of an external service to function, then include this within your documentation.
- If your app requires test credentials to function, then include them in Part I of the app listing form.
To submit your app for approval:
- Log in to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click Apps.
- Click the name of your app.
- Click Distribution.
- If you haven't selected a distribution method yet, then select Shopify App Store, and then click Confirm.
- Click Create listing or Manage listing.
- Select an existing listing, or click Add translated listing.
- Fill out all the required fields, making sure to follow our listing guidelines.
- Click Preview listing to see what your listing will look like when it's live. Make sure that the content, formatting, and images appear as expected.
- Click Save.
- At the top of the form, click the back button
←to return to the app listing page.
- Click Submit app.
- Check the checkbox to acknowledge that your app meets the submission requirements, then click Submit for review.
To make sure you receive your review updates and communications, add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your allowed senders list in your email service provider’s settings.