Prohibited actions on the Shopify App Store
We value our app partners and want to make the app experience the best possible for everyone involved. App partners are expected to adhere to the Partner Program Agreement.
This page outlines some of the actions that could lead to you having your app removed from the Shopify App Store, having your client ID suspended, or being removed from the Shopify Partner program. While this page presents a series of important guidelines, it's not intended to be comprehensive.
If you violate any of the terms in the Partner Program Agreement, then the Merchant App Experience Team will use their discretion to determine the appropriate disciplinary action. This can include:
- an email requiring your prompt attention to a situation with a set timeframe to take action
- immediate unpublishing
- deprecation of client IDs
- removal from the Shopify Partners program
The terms can change at any time without notice. Any other behaviour the Merchant App Experience team deems unacceptable, objectionable, or harmful can result in the app being removed from the Shopify Apps Store.
Merchant experienceAnchor link to section titled "Merchant experience"
Unsolicited marketingAnchor link to section titled "Unsolicited marketing"
- No spam, illegal, or invasive marketing tactics (A-2). Emails, and SMS or text messages, should only be sent to merchants who have your app actively installed or have clearly opted-in to your marketing communications.
- No affiliate links in your app listing page.
Requirement violationsAnchor link to section titled "Requirement violations"
- Modifying your app or app listing after publication, which results in the app no longer meeting the Shopify app requirements.
- Fatal errors resulting in the app failing to install from the Shopify App Store.
Reporting violationsAnchor link to section titled "Reporting violations"
We appreciate your collaboration in making the Shopify App Store the best commerce app marketplace in the world.