Liquid is a template language created by Shopify and written in Ruby. Liquid is the backbone of all Shopify themes, and is used to load dynamic content to the pages of online stores. It’s open source, and used by many different software projects and companies.
- Liquid is required to work on Shopify themes.
- Build a complete Shopify theme from scratch.
- Modify an existing one. Shopify merchants often hire developers to tailor themes to their particular needs.
Liquid is open-source and is widely used as a general-purpose template language. However, there are some specific requirements for developing Shopify themes with Liquid.
- If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create a Shopify partner account.
- If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to create a development store to test your theme.
- Shopify is a hosted service, so you’ll need a network connection to Shopify to preview and test your theme.
- Getting started with Shopify themes
- Understanding theme template files
- Using theme sections
- Add a contact page to your online store
- Integrate Instagram with your online store
- More tutorials...