Shopify Ajax API
The Ajax API allows developers to build creative, interactive buying experiences into Shopify themes. By interacting with its JSON endpoints, you can update the shopping cart and display suggested products without requiring page refreshes in the browser.
- Update HTML elements in Shopify themes asynchronously.
- Add products to the cart and update the cart item counter.
- Fetch and display basic product information.
- Display related product recommendations.
- Suggest products and collections to visitors as they type in a search field.
- This is an unauthenticated API. It doesn’t require access tokens or API keys to access.
- There are no hard rate limits on the Ajax API. It’s still subject to Shopify’s standard API abuse-prevention measures.
- This API returns responses as JSON.