Shopify provides a range of software tools, sample apps, and libraries to accelerate your development process.
App development tools
- Partner Dashboard: Get API credentials, track metrics for your published apps, create development stores, and access resources that help you build your business.
- Shopify App CLI: Bootstrap a working Shopify app with our command-line tool.
- Shopify App Generator for Rails: A Rails engine for building Shopify apps.
- Shopify Admin API Library for Ruby: A gem to simplify making Admin API calls in Ruby apps.
- Shopify Admin API Library for Python: A Python library to simplify making Admin API calls in Python apps.
- Shopify Admin API Library for Node: A Node library to simplify making Admin API calls in Node apps.
- Shopify Admin API GraphiQL explorer: Use this interactive tool to build GraphQL queries using real Shopify API resources.
- Shopify Storefront API GraphiQL explorer: Use this interactive tool to build GraphQL queries for Shopify’s Storefront API.
- Shopify app in Ruby and Sinatra: A sample app built in Ruby with the Shopify API gem and the Sinatra framework for Ruby apps.
- Shopify app in Node and React: A sample app built using Node.js, React, and GraphQL.
- Shopify POS embedded app: A sample app built in Ruby that demonstrates the methods and capabilities of the POS App SDK.
- Shopify app in Rails and React: A sample app built in Rails and React that demonstrates App Bridge authentication using session tokens.
- Shopify server-side rendered (SSR) Rails app: A sample multi-page SSR Rails app that has been converted to a single-page app using App Bridge and Turbolinks.
- Shopify fulfillment integration app: A sample app in Sinatra that demonstrates how to integrate an existing fulfillment service with an API into Shopify using the FulfillmentService resource and Embedded App SDK.
- Analytics API app: A sample app that demonstrates how to retrieve store metrics using Analytics APIs and the Embedded App SDK.
- Storefront API apps: A series of sample apps that demonstrate how to use the Storefront API. The samples are built and maintained by community members.
Theme development tools
- Theme Kit: Bootstrap themes and speed up your development process with our command line theme tool.
- Theme Check: Ensure that your theme follows Shopify Theme and Liquid best practices by using this command-line based linter. Theme Check is also offered as an official Visual Studio Code extension.
- Liquid Cheat Sheet: Consult this interactive reference guide to the Liquid template language.
- Liquid Code Examples: Build Shopify themes faster with this library of ready-to-use Liquid components.
- Theme Inspector for Chrome: Profile and debug Liquid rendering performance with this Chrome Developer Tools plugin.
Storefront API Tools
- BuyButton.js: Embed a lightweight Shopify checkout flow to any web page.
- Android Buy SDK: Add Shopify features to Android apps.
- iOS Buy SDK: Add Shopify features to iOS apps.
- Unity Buy SDK: Add Shopify features to Unity-based video games.
Polaris design system
- Polaris: Create great user experiences for your apps with Shopify’s design system and component library.