API Versions 2019-04 and 2019-10: Upcoming end of support
Last April, we released API versioning to improve the stability and predictability of Shopify's APIs.
2019-04 was scheduled for deprecation on April 1st, 2020. Support was extended for three months to reduce pressure on our developer community during COVID-19. This extension means that on July 2nd, our first and second supported versions, 2019-04 and 2019-07, will both become unsupported.
On July 2nd, 2020, the following API changes come into effect:
- The 2019-04 and 2019-07 versions become unsupported.
- Requests with no API version specified serve the 2019-10 API version.
- Requests for the 2019-04 or 2019-07 versions will no longer receive them. Instead, these requests receive version 2019-10.
- Webhooks set to 2019-04 or 2019-07 receive version 2019-10.
- The 2020-07 version becomes stable and ready for general usage.
For a full list of breaking changes, please visit our Breaking Changes sections in the 2019-07 release notes and the 2019-10 release notes