Testing a payments app
You can install your payments app on a development store to test it. This guide describes how to test and enable a development preview of your payments app.
You have created a payments app.
You have created a development store.
You have an approved and published configuration version.
Payments apps must support test mode. When a store is in test mode, requests from Shopify include the
test attribute. If this attribute it set to
true, then the payment is processed as a test payment and no money is moved. Test mode simplifies the process of building a payments app and allows merchants to test the integration before they begin processing live transactions.
Install your payments app on a development store
You can install your app on a development store to test it.
- From your Partner Dashboard, go to Apps, and then click on the app you want to test.
- On the app page, click on More actions, and then select Test on development store.
- Select which store you want to install the app on from the list.
- Click Install unlisted app.
Enable development store preview
You can enable the development store preview on your payments app to test your changes quickly, and avoid going through the approval process to publish multiple versions during development. Enabling the preview allows you to use a draft version on the development stores where your app is installed instead of the published version.
- From your Partner Dashboard, go to Apps then click on the app you want to enable a development preview for.
- On the app page, click Extensions, Payments.
- Click on the provider to configure under Offsite payment provider.
- From the extension page, in the Working draft section, under Development Store Preview, click Enable.