You can use the marketing activity extension to enable merchants to manage promotional campaigns and marketing automations from the Marketing page in Shopify admin using your app.
Marketing on Shopify helps merchants find and sell to customers using a variety of means including content marketing, SEO, and social media. You can add the marketing activity extension to your app to surface your app directly in the Marketing page in Shopify admin.
Using a marketing activity extension, you can:
- Configure the marketing activity form that is rendered in Shopify admin.
- Enable merchants to preview marketing activities on your platform.
- Manage a merchant's marketing onboarding state.
- Manage the lifecycle of a merchant's marketing activities.
- Track a merchant's marketing activity engagements.
In this section
- Marketing activities overview
- Marketing app onboarding flow
- Components reference
- Marketing activity status reference
- Marketing activity endpoints
- Hiding marketing extensions
Tracking marketing activity engagement
Marketing activity engagements represent ways that potential customers interact with a marketing activity before they reach the shop's website. Engagements also contain information about ad spend if applicable. Comments, shares, and email opens are all examples of engagements for a marketing activity.
After you have created a marketing activity, you can create engagements to track its ad spend and interactions. Creating engagements is required for all marketing activities, but most types of marketing activities use only a subset of the possible engagement metrics.
For each marketing activity, the value of the cumulative field (
False) should remain the same across all of its engagement data. The cumulative boolean indicates whether each engagement sent is a lifetime value of all metrics or just a daily total for that day. If
True, then each engagement is a lifetime value for all metrics up to that occurred_on date, if
False, then each engagement is the total metrics for only that occurred_on date.
The full list of metrics you can send in an engagement can be found here.