Add a payment gateway to your partners account
Adding a gateway to your Shopify Partner's account will prepare you for publishing your gateway integration. Before you can add a gateway to a shop, make sure that the gateway meets the requirements.
Before you can add your payment gateway to a shop, you need to:
Add your gateway to your partners account
After you have completed the development of your gateway, you can add it to your development store:
Log in to the Partner Dashboard.
Click Create gateway.
Fill out the following fields with your gateway's info:
- Gateway Name - This will appear in the merchant payment settings and on customer checkout pages as a payment option.
- Gateway Website - This URL will be provided to the merchant within the payment settings and will also be used to review your service.
- Gateway Logo - This will appear at checkout at a height of 24 pixels and a maximum width of 220 pixels. Learn more ›
- Gateway Category - This is the category that your gateway will display under within payment settings.
- Redirect URL - The customer will be redirected to this address at checkout. This URL must properly handle the request values that will be sent.
- Login Label - The naming convention used to describe the login credential types for your gateway, such as
- Password Label - The naming convention used to describe passwords for this gateway, such as
- Sandbox URL (optional) - You can send test transactions to this URL.
- Payment Types - These will appear next to your gateway logo at checkout.
- Countries Served - Supported countries in which merchant accounts are available.
Helpful tips for your logo file
Your gateway logo will appear at checkout as a payment option:
To make sure it looks the as nice as possible, upload a logo that:
- has a max height of 24 pixels, and max width of 220 pixels
- is a high-resolution raster (PNG) file format
- has a transparent background
- does not rely on small text that is difficult to read at a height of 24 pixels.
If you have already developed your gateway, you can now bring your gateway live privately or publicly.