Shopify Admin API
As the primary way that apps and services interact with Shopify, the Admin API allows you to add your own features to the Shopify user experience. Considerations when using the Shopify Admin include:
- The Admin API supports both GraphQL and REST.
- This is a versioned API. Updates are released quarterly.
- Apps must explicitly request the relevant access scopes from merchants during installation.
- Apps must authenticate to interact with the Admin API.
- The Admin API enforces rate limits on all requests. Note that there are different rate-limiting methods for GraphQL and REST. All apps and services connecting to the Admin API are subject to Shopify’s API Terms of Service.
Getting started with the GraphQL Admin and REST Admin APIs - Learn how to authenticate with the GraphQL Admin and REST Admin APIs and start sending requests.
Query root reference page - The entry point to query the GraphQL Admin API. This provides access to the types that can be queried for using the API.
Working with the Shopify Admin API
- Read and write Shopify store information, including products, inventory, orders, shipping, and more.
- Extend existing Shopify functionality with apps.
- Connect store inventory to other marketplaces with channels.
- Add new features to the Shopify admin or POS with app extensions.
Shopify provides a range of software tools and libraries to speed up your development process.