Docs for Shopify APIs
Developers have extensive access to Shopify APIs in order to build new services and features for merchants. This section will help you understand which parts of Shopify you can access and how to work with them.
Add features to Shopify
Shopify offers a variety of APIs and surface areas for developers to read and write merchant data, create new user interface elements, and run automated workflows.
- Admin API: The Admin API is Shopify’s most-used API. Read and write data about products, customers, orders, inventory, fulfillment, and more.
- App extensions: Use app extensions to add new features to the Shopify admin
- POS: Add features to Shopify’s point-of-sale apps and dedicated hardware for physical retail locations.
- Marketing Activities API: Build and manage integrations between Shopify merchants and marketing platforms.
- Ping: Build and manage integrations between Shopify merchants and chat platforms.
Add Shopify commerce to other platforms
Storefront API lets you add Shopify commerce experiences to other websites, apps, and video games.
- Storefront API: Read product data from Shopify stores and create complete order and checkout flows outside of Shopify.
Tailor the design of Shopify online stores
Shopify stores use Themes coded in the Liquid templating language to control their look and feel.
- Liquid: Build or customize Shopify Themes using the Liquid template language.
- Ajax API: Add dynamic elements to Shopify online stores with a lightweight JSON API for product data, recommendations, and shopping cart management.
Build features for Shopify Plus merchants
Merchants with complex needs use our enterprise solution, Shopify Plus. Build with resources made for these global-scale retailers.