Roll back an Oxygen environment to a previous deployment
By default, an Oxygen environment URL always points to its most recent deployment.
However, in cases where the most recent deployment contains a bug or other error, you can temporarily roll back to a previous deployment while you work on a fix. Rollbacks are available for the production environment and for any custom enviroments that you've created.
Rolling back doesn't redeploy or delete any deployments. Previous deployments retain all their original environment variables. If you’ve created, updated, or deleted any environment variables since making the original deployment, then those values might be outdated and cause errors. Always check that a deployment works as expected before making it current.
The next time that you push a commit to its associated branch, the environment returns to its default behavior, once again pointing to the most recent deployment.
Roll back to a previous deploymentAnchor link to section titled "Roll back to a previous deployment"
- From your Shopify admin, under Sales channels, click Hydrogen.
- From the Hydrogen storefront page, click the storefront that you want to change.
- On the storefront overview page, click
…on the production or custom environment to roll back.
- Click View deployments.
- In the list of deployments, click
…beside the deployment to roll back to.
- Click Make this the current deployment.
- Click Make current for
to confirm that you want to roll back to the selected deployment.
- Learn how to troubleshoot Oxygen deployments by accessing runtime logs and downloading worker bundles for deployments.