To test your theme, you need store data that enables you to test certain cases.
Shopify provides a few CSV datasets that help you to test these cases in your theme. Import the following CSVs into your store:
- The theme review team product CSV. This is the CSV that the theme review team uses to test your theme for acceptance to the theme store.
- The performance test product CSV. This is the same CSV that you might use to run a Lighthouse audit. You should include this CSV so your store contains a large enough volume of products and collections for certain tests.
Some features require additional setup before they can be tested in your store.
Additional setupAnchor link to section titled "Additional setup"
Due to the limitations of the CSV import process, you need to modify some product data and set up some features manually before you can test your theme:
Inventory quantitiesAnchor link to section titled "Inventory quantities"
If your test environment has multiple locations set up, then your store won't import product inventory quantities from CSV files. Instead, all product quantities default to zero.
Follow the steps below to configure inventory quantities for testing:
- Adjust the inventory quantity on all products, except for Bowtie (Rich Product Media). Leave this product as sold out. You should set up varying quantities for different product variants.
Update one product with two options so that each has a different quantity and availability. For example, you can use Socks (two options) and set some variants' quantities to zero, or use the following table as a reference. After setup, this product should have some sold out and unavailable variants.
S/M M/L Kids Geometric 0 N/A N/A Hotdog 4 N/A N/A Dog 3 10 N/A Cat 5 0 N/A Plain white N/A 6 N/A Paw N/A N/A 6
Local pickupAnchor link to section titled "Local pickup"
To test the local pickup banner on your product page, you need to enable local pickup:
- Enable locations in your store.
- Add five or more locations.
- Enable local pickup in your store.
- Disable the local pickup option for one location.
- Create a product with 5 variants, or use the Enamel pin (1 option) product.
- Set up the quantity and availability for each variant:
- Variant 1: available and in stock at all locations
- Variant 2: available and in stock only in one location
- Variant 3: available in two locations, sold out in one of the locations
- Variant 4: available and in stock only in one location that doesn't offer pickup
- Variant 5: sold out at all locations
Unit pricingAnchor link to section titled "Unit pricing"
To test unit pricing on your products, you need to change or override your store settings, and add unit prices to products:
- Enable unit pricing in one of the following ways:
- Set up a store located in Germany. To test unit pricing in an existing store, you can change your store address to a valid German address in your store details.
- Join the
#theme-dev-beta-flagschannel in the Shopify Partners Slack community to request a unit pricing beta flag for your test store. A beta flag bypasses store settings.
- Add a product with multiple variants, or use any of the multi-variant products that you imported. Set up different unit prices for each variant.
CSV import doesn’t support rich media. You need to add media to a product to test these features.
- Use the Bowtie (product rich media) product and add the following media:
- Two 3D objects. You can use Shopify sample models.
- One YouTube video
- One Vimeo video
- One MP4 video
- Set all variants of this product to zero, so that you can preview the rich media on the collection page. Setting a quantity for the variant defaults the product card image to the variant image instead of the rich media.
Selling plansAnchor link to section titled "Selling plans"
Selling plans can only be created and applied to products by an app. To test selling plan elements in your theme, you need to install a subscription app to verify that selling plans are appearing correctly on your theme.
Shop pay installmentsAnchor link to section titled "Shop pay installments"
- Enable Shop Pay Installments in one of the following ways:
- Set up a store with a US address
- Join the
#theme-dev-beta-flagschannel in the Shopify Partners Slack community to request a Shop Pay Installments beta flag for your test store. A beta flag bypasses store settings.
- Add a product with multiple variants and varying prices, or use the Socks (2 options) product that you imported.