About Shopify APIs
Shopify offers a suite of APIs that allow developers to extend the platform’s built-in features. These APIs allow Partners to read and write merchant data, interoperate with other systems and platforms, and add new functionality to Shopify.
Requirements for using Shopify APIsAnchor link to section titled "Requirements for using Shopify APIs"
- All APIs are subject to rate limits.
- All APIs require developers to authenticate.
- Some APIs are versioned.
Scopes and permissionsAnchor link to section titled "Scopes and permissions"
- Some API features are only available to merchants on premium plans.
- Depending on how you're distributing your app, you might need to request certain permissions or access scopes when merchants install your app.
- With a few APIs, you’ll need to request access from Shopify and be approved before you can start making calls.
Available APIsAnchor link to section titled "Available APIs"
For a complete list of available APIs, refer to Shopify API reference docs.
Deprecated APIsAnchor link to section titled "Deprecated APIs"
Deprecated APIs remain available but are unsupported and can stop working at any time. Developers should migrate to supported alternatives as soon as possible.