Online store design experience
The online store design experience aims to make the editing and creation of an online store more approachable by providing a powerful, easy-to-use, and all-inclusive UI that instills confidence and enables merchant success.
In order to preview these new features and functionality, you need to install a theme that uses the new sections architecture. A compatible version of Debut is available to install and explore.
The online store design experience developer preview will allow you to:
Enable and disable the Sections architecture on product pages.
Edit product pages individually or use master pages, for multi-page editing.
Create custom sets of headers and footers with theme frame sections.
Integrate your apps with app sections and app snippets to surface applications on a storefront visually. This can give merchants the ability to configure settings within the context of their online store.
To use the online store design experience, create a development store, and enable the online store design experience developer preview.
- Install a compatible version of Debut to preview new features and functionality
- Learn about the Sections architecture, a new architecture for rendering pages in themes and customizing pages.
- View the new Online store editor UI and its features.
- Learn about the new Online store app extensions; how app sections and app snippets make it easier for merchants to upgrade your app in their online store.
- View the Developer changelog to stay up to date with recent changes to Shopify products.
- Learn how to create a developement store and enable the online store design experience deverloper preview.