Cart Transform Function API overview
The Cart Transform API allows developers to expand or merge cart line items.
Example use casesAnchor link to section titled "Example use cases"
- Display multiple line items as a single bundle.
- Display BOGO (Buy One Get One) lines as a single line.
- Expand a bundle line into its components. For example, a bikini in a bundle line item gets expanded into two line items: a bikini top and a bikini bottom.
- Add a free gift to a product.
Developer tools and resourcesAnchor link to section titled "Developer tools and resources"
Limitations and considerationsAnchor link to section titled "Limitations and considerations"
The following limitations apply to bundle apps.
Store configurationsAnchor link to section titled "Store configurations"
Some store configurations and customizations, such as with specific apps, make the store incompatible with bundles:
checkout.liquidcustomizations aren't compatible with bundles.
- Shopify Scripts aren't compatible with bundles. If you publish a script, then bundles are moved to a draft status. To sell products in a bundle again, you must unpublish the script.
- Bundles can be sold through only the Online Store sales channel. Bundles can’t be sold through Shopify Point of Sale or with selling plans.
- Some apps and payment gateways aren't compatible with bundles.
Store eligibilityAnchor link to section titled "Store eligibility"
You can use the
BundlesFeature GraphQL object to determine whether a store is eligible for bundles. If the store isn't eligible for bundles, then Shopify prevents you from publishing bundled products to sales channels.
If you implement customized bundles using the Cart Transform Function API, and the parent variant can't be purchased without components, then you must mark the parent bundles with the
requiresComponents attribute to
Shopify plansAnchor link to section titled "Shopify plans"
- Learn how to use Shopify Functions to create bundles.